CENTRE OF NEURO SCIENCE
Trust in Ashwini Trauma Centre when it comes to the most complex organ in the human body – The Brain; made up of more than 100 billion nerves that communicate in trillions of connections called synapses, any minor or major difficulty related to the brain often affects the Spine. At ATC Brain & Spine Care provides 24/7 care for all neurological injuries and emergency Neuro-care. The vastly experienced team of Neurosurgeons and Neurologists, backed by the most comprehensive Neuro-diagnostic and imaging facilities, positions the hospital among the best in the region. Being part of the comprehensive emergency services, the department caters to not only head and spine injuries but also neurological emergencies, poly-trauma and other medical emergencies. Neurological services extend to the very latest in diagnostic equipment such as EEG, EMG, Video-monitoring, MRI and CT scan.
Common symptoms of brain conditions are:
- Brain stroke
- Sudden weakness in limbs
- Sudden onset headache
- Difficulty in talking
- Difficulty to understand
- Facial asymmetry
- Difficulty in walking
- Traumatic head injuries
- Sudden unconsciousness
- Tremor of the hands
On the other hand your backbone, or spine, is made up of 26 bone discs called vertebrae. The vertebrae protect your spinal cord and allow you to stand and bend. A number of problems can change the structure of the spine or damage the vertebrae and surrounding tissue. They include,
- Conditions, such as ankylosing spondylitis and scoliosis
- Bone changes that come with age, such as spinal stenosis and herniated disks
Brain Surgical Services
- Microsurgery for Brain Tumors
- Endoscopic Brain Surgery
- Skull Base Surgery
- Brain Trauma Surgery
- Congenital Cranial Deformity
- Craniofacial Surgery with FMS (Facio-Maxillary Surgery)
- Brain Surgery for Abnormal Blood Vessels
- Brain Surgery for Epilepsy
- Brain Surgery for Removal of Blood Clots
- Stereotaxic Brain Surgery for Tumor and Functional Neurosurgery
- Interventional / Neuro-endovascular Therapy for Cerebro-vascular Diseases and Tumors
- Pre-operative Embolization of Brain Lesions
We have the best stroke treating team, who have thrombolysed more than 000 cases of acute stroke which may be most by any single institute
- Acute stroke thrombolysis
- Neuro intervention (mechanical thrombolysis, aneurysm coiling, carotid stenting, AVM embolization)
- Carotid endartrectomy
- Separate Neuro ICU care
- Advance care for GB syndrome, myasthenia grains and neuropathy
- Spine Surgical Services
- Slipped disc in the neck or lower back
- Microscopic Lumbar Discectomy or Decompression
- Microscopic Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Endoscopic Discectomy
- Lower back Spondylosis with Pressure on the Nerve / Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Decompression with or without Fusion
- Endoscopic Fusion of the Spine
- Abnormal Curvature within the Spine-Scoliosis / Kyphosis
- Thoracoscopic Deformity Correction
- Posterior Correction of Scoliosis or Kyphosis with Instrumentation
- Degenerative Disc Diseases
- Minimally-invasive Spinal Fusion and Advanced Instrumentation
- Total Disc Replacement Surgery
- Spinal Deformity (congenital & acquired) Correction and Stabilization
- Osteoporosis of the Spine
- Slipped Vertebra in Children
- Posterior Spinal Instrumentation
Other Spine Surgeries
- TB Spine - Thoracoscopic Spinal Surgery with Para-spinal Abscess Drainage
- Spine Tumor Surgery
- Spine Trauma
CENTRE OF CARDIAC SCIENCE
Heart Care is one of the most crucial and neglected facet of Health Care, which is often delayed and kept aside for later, that can turn out to be a life taking situation! At ATC, we aim to deliver the best with technologically advanced treatments when it comes to your heart.
Cardiovascular disease includes a number of conditions affecting the structure or function of the heart. Research shows that cardiovascular disease is the leading cause of death among men in India. It is also the leading cause of hospitalization for people older than 65. Hence it is important to learn about your heart to help prevent heart disease.
The term "heart failure" can be frightening. It does not mean the heart has "failed" or stopped working. It means that the heart does not pump as well as it should. This then leads to salt and water retention, causing swelling and shortness of breath. The swelling and shortness of breath are the primary symptoms of heart failure.
At ATC we aim to understand the step-by-step process leading to a heart attack thereby fully understanding the major risk factors concerned. The main factors that might lead to heart problems are high blood pressure, high cholesterol, obesity, smoking and a sedentary lifestyle. Stress is also believed to raise the risk and exertion and excitement can act as triggers for an attack.
Thus, we aim to provide the best round the clock Heart Care services in Cuttack, which are dedicated in give you an opportunity to live a healthier life!
An accomplished full- time expert team of cardiologists and cardio surgeons drives our cardiac services at ATC, Cuttack. The ICU is managed and monitored round- the-clock by our cardiologists to ensure timely care in cardiac emergencies. This team is supported by skilled and qualified nurses, known to be experts in quality patient care. All these services are supported strongly by advanced technology.
The Lab comprises of the Philips Integris HM2000. This system consists of a C Arm Geometry, HF Generator, High Resolution II/TV system, Digital Imaging System and a CD recording system. The system is very well suited for high resolution angiographies. With it’s heavy duty tube, it is a workhorse for angioplasties stenting procedures and other interventional vascular procedures.
This Cath Lab is also geared up to provide ‘Comprehensive Cardiac Care’ to the patient.
ATC being located on heart of the city helps in treating trauma victims quickly and effectively within “The Golden Hour”. This is the only center in this region where surgically inaccessible deadly pelvic bleeding is controlled by the life saving angiographic coiling.